|Warner Bros. Pictures|
But what's really crazy is that it convinced me -- someone who gets anxiety on the freeway or in a plain old crowded hallway -- to untether, relax, and let come what may. The death and rebirth imagery was so so cool (like the fetus shot above). Really. How does a special effects action film make you want to fight to live but also accept your inevitable death? I don't know, but this one does.
So, what I learned from Gravity:
- To await Alfonso Cuarón's next film with eagerness.
- That I have much more control over the internal than the external, and conceding this is the key to living long and dying happy.
- Faith in the hereafter and reunion with lost loved ones helps.
- That it's never too late to start over -- like Sandra Bullock's character, to be reborn and learn to walk all over again.
- That an original story with a female lead can be successful both financially and critically. I see a Venn diagram forming....